Sunday, January 31, 2016

Nail Design - Egyptian Goddess of the sky

Hello!
Really wanted to use my new polish "Give me Space" by OPI, and I figured I could make these nails inspired by the Egyptian Goddess of the sky "Nut".

I'm so fascinated by Ancient Egypt, it's kinda like a fantasy world in my head! I'm very aware of it being a terrible time to live in, slavery, diseases, poverty and much more. But the architecture is just sooo beautiful and the mythology is so interesting and I love their art. I'm just so intrigued!
Sorry for getting of topic now with this being about nail art, but kinda wanted to mention that I have made a Minecraft Texture pack in Ancient Egyptian style! Just while we're at the subject ;) Hope there are any Miners or fellow crafters here seeing this! Needs more work, but can't believe how many downloads, favs and diamonds it have gotten xD

Alright, now back on track! Here's the nails I made inspired by Nut:


What I used to make these

Base Coat:
OPI Nail Envy - Sensitive and Peeling

Nail Polishes:
OPI - Give me Space
Essie - Sand Tropez

Top Coat:
Seche Vite - Dry Fast

Other: 
Nail art brush
- Black and Gold Acrylic Paint
Red Sharpie










I'm honestly not that satisfied with these, could've done so much better! But I where trying to film, and that ended in a very complicated position for me to paint xD I also didn't have the best brushes as I've been very bad to take care of the ones I had.. I've received new ones in the mail now, so let's see how long they will last!
And honestly I got very lazy after much trial and error in trying to come up with a design before getting the idea to make Nut, so I didn't put as much effort in it as I normally would. I even used a sharpie to create the blob of a lip!

What do you think of this design? :)
Could you be able to wear this?
Anyone as fascinated by Ancient Egypt as me?
Do you play Minecraft?

No comments:

Post a Comment